Friday, October 24, 2008

Eugene Lee's & SocialText - Forgotten Post

Oops, I guess that I forgot to publish this one and instead saved it as a draft.

Eugene is a very enthusiastic and dynamic presenter. I really enjoyed how he incorporated story into his talk. It made him more personal and also provided examples of the statements that he was making. Eugene had asked us how we could use a tool like SocialText to promote learning in the workplace. During the presentation, I found myself envisioning each aspect of SocialText proving very beneficial at my work. For almost a year, my academy has been going through a process of strategic planning and reorganization. One of the goals is to include all staff in the process which is problematic with staff working all over the Bay Area.  I am excited to test out SocialText for myself and get in and play with the tool to see exactly what it is capable of.  This truly was one of the best speakers that I have encountered during my time in this program!

No comments: